This sample CV comes from Jobcentre Plus, and shows how the person who wrote it has tried to meet the job's requirements.
CV template example one
1 Sample Close, Samplewell, Sampleshire SA21 5SA · Tel: 01000 123456 · Email: smac@.com
Now my children are in full time education I’m looking forward to returning to work. As a parent I have developed lots of new skills to care for young children, for example, communicating, planning and organising. I’m highly motivated, work well as part of a team and have a caring personality with some excellent work experience gained by volunteering at the local Home-start. I’m now looking for a position in social care to develop a career.
• Successfully completed my Home-start volunteers training course, including CRB check and being matched with my first family
• Received personal thanks from a young mother for helping her to cope and to see a clearer future
• Completed a first aid course
Home visiting volunteer, Home-start (2008 – 2011)
• Responsible for visiting families at home who are in need of some support.
• Listen to individuals’ needs and assess how I can help them and improve their situation.
• Provide a sympathetic ear, a shoulder to cry on and someone to laugh with.
• Help people to keep appointments or access local services or just ‘connect’ with their local community.
• Provide an extra pair of hands to help people cope with everyday parenting situations, or practical help with activities like playing or reading stories.
• Provide a regular progress report to Home-start offices.
Sales assistant, River Island (2001 – 2005)
• Serving and advising customers, giving information on products and prices, helping customers to find the goods they want, advising on the availability of stock.
• Taking payment by cash or card.
• Stacking shelves or displaying goods in an attractive way.
• Promoting any special offers or store cards.
• Ordering goods that are unavailable.
• Handling any complaints or passing them on to a manager.
Disabled riding school volunteer, Cowley Stables (2000 – 2001)
• Interact with the disabled children to ensure they have a lovely time.
• Led pony and rider around the arena continuously conscious of ensuring a safe environment.
Pemborough Secondary School (1996 – 2000)
• 3 GCSEs passes (Grade C or above in English, Maths and Food Technology)
• RSA 1 and 2 in Customer Service
I enjoy reading, listening to music, helping out at the local Brownies and spending time with my family.
David South, Manager Claire Grey, Brownie leader
Homestart 1st Sampltown Brownies
Sample Street Sample Street
Sample Town Sample Town
LZX 1XX LZX 1XX
Phone: 000 0000 0000 Phone: 000 0000 0000
Department for Work and Pensions