What benefits can I get?

Wed, 29/02/2012 - 16:46 -- nick

This information applies to England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland
The Department for Work and Pensions has produced an online guide which can help you check if you qualify for certain benefits. It can also give you an estimate of how much you may be able to get. It covers the main benefits including:

  • Attendance Allowance
  • Carer's Allowance
  • Child Benefit
  • Child Tax Credit
  • Council Tax Benefit
  • Disability Living Allowance
  • Housing Benefit
  • Income Support
  • Jobseeker's Allowance.

To see the online guide, go to the GOV.UK website at www.direct.gov.uk.
The online guide is only for people aged 18 or over. It also won't be suitable for you if you're a prisoner, non-UK national, a student or permanently living in a nursing home. If you're in these situations, you can find more information on the benefits you might be able to get by following the links on the GOV.UK page at: www.direct.gov.uk.
There might be other benefits that you can get that are not included in the online guide. To check whether you may be entitled to other benefits, see our Benefits section.

Citizens Advice Bureau